Dominica is one of the cheapest and popular citizenship program in the Caribbean. The country offers immediate passport and citizenship to investors under the following schemes.
The minimum investment is USD 100,000 under donation option or USD 200,000 under real estate investment. Additional Government, processing fee, due diligence fee, lawyer fee apply.
1. Non Refundable Donation Fund
- Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of USD 100,000 is required
- Main Applicant and Spouse: a non-refundable contribution of USD 175,000 is required
- Applicant with up to three dependents (Applicant plus spouse and two children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000
- Applicant with up to four dependents or more (Applicant plus spouse and more than two children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000 (plus USD 50,000 for each additional dependent).
2. Real Estate
Upon buying an authorised real estate to the minimum value of USD 200,000.
The following Government Fees apply:
- USD 50,000 for the Main Applicant
- USD 25,000 for the Spouse
- USD 20,000 for each dependent of the main applicant under the age of 18
- USD 50,000 for each dependent of the main applicant aged 18-25 years.
You must hold the real estate for atleast 3 years, after which it can be disposed freely.
A personal visit is a must. There are no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax except you are liable to pay personal tax only if you reside in the country.
The processing time takes about 10 months.